A better way to support parents traumatised by loss and make a real difference
1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and 14 babies die every day before, during or in the weeks after birth.
The death of a baby or pregnancy is often traumatic for parents yet there is little acknowledgement of this additional challenge to the grieving process.
Watch here: Alexandra Heath, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Author and Head of TBR College talks you through the course, what you will learn and the importance of making this knowledge and these skills readily available.
Why are these essential skills for all perinatal professionals?
The numbers surrounding baby loss and miscarriage
- Baby loss and miscarriage are unfortunately common perinatal traumas.
- One in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and 14 babies die every day before, during or in the weeks after birth.
- Perinatal grief and trauma can heavily impact on parents mental and emotional health and without proper support their ability to cope too.
- Whilst grief is a natural expression after this kind of devastating loss the trauma experienced can be more lasting and can make grief complicated long term.
- Those experiencing early or recurrent miscarriage are usually not offered any professional, emotional support.
- For those experiencing baby loss, although there are good peer support groups established through charities like SANDS there is no consistent, nationwide availability of specialist, perinatal grief and trauma therapy.
This is the right course for you if:
- You already support parents who are grieving the death of their baby.
- You support parents during their Rainbow pregnancies who are fraught with anxiety, panic and trauma symptoms?
- You support parents who have experienced recurrent miscarriages as part of their fertility journey?
- You worry about their emotional health and wellbeing?
- You feel frustrated that they are very few dedicated, specialist services for grieving parents?
- You have noticed the high levels of anxiety and trauma symptoms in parents who are impacted by loss and want to be part of the solution?
Flexible learning schedule
Work your way through the modules and in your own time.
Full support within our online community
Feel safe to ask questions, learn from and support each other through out your learning process.
Affordable Payment Plan - start learning today for just £125
Payment plan is offered at 3 monthly instalments of £125
What you will learn with this course:
Confidence in your service and how to avoid making the mistakes that are harmful to many traumatised, bereaved parents who unfortunately often feel let down by friends, family and professionals when seeking support.
Learn how our own experience, biases and prejudices can slip us up when it comes to supporting loss and grief.
Gain a valuable insight into what bereaved parents want and need at different stages of their grief journey because grief changes as time goes on.
Learn practical exercises that can help parents cope with trauma symptoms and with panic and anxiety.
Learn from video case studies that demonstrate the core skills required to hold space for parents who are grieving.
Feel supported in a closed online community who are all learning, honing and practicing the skills.
Work safely with access to small group supervision every month (£10 per session).
The course also covers a thorough approach to supporting subsequent pregnancy after loss with an acknowledgement of the naturally high levels of anxiety and distress experienced by these parents.
"I've really enjoyed your course Alex! What amazing women to have shared their ongoing experiences of loss. Thank you so much for the opportunity to do it. It’s going to be so helpful in my work. I really look forward to being able to share experiences with others who also complete the course. Thank you again, it's so, so valuable"
Each lesson is designed to help you understand how to respond to and support bereaved parents at different stages of their grief.
The 7 lessons are made up of text and image, there are practical exercises, video content including summaries and case studies, we also have audio practice, scripts and other valuable resources.
There are 4 pre recorded webinars that each present the lesson content.
We address the common issues that grieving parents suffer with, providing strategies and exercises to help.
Lesson 1: Understanding the impact of pregnancy and baby loss.
Lesson 2: Understanding grief.
Lesson 3: Understanding trauma symptoms in relation to grief.
Lesson 4: Listening well.
Lesson 5: Pregnancy after baby loss.
Lesson 6: Video case studies
Lesson 7: Video case studies
Benefit from monthly supervision for just £10 per session
Small group supervision is available for all students and practitioners with Traumatic Birth Recovery. These online sessions are held once a month and aim to support reflective practice and continued learning and development.
Save 5% on any other course bookings
Anyone investing in TBR Supporting Baby Loss & Miscarriage online course automatically receives a 5% discount on any other Traumatic Birth Recovery course.
Check out our other courses here:
Join the Traumatic Birth Recovery community
Join a supportive and inspiring community of over 500 birth professionals globally who have all learnt the skills and techniques that can support the transformation from surviving and thriving for traumatised parents.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What will I be able to do after this course?
What is the return on investment on this course?
How is the course delivered?
How long do I have to complete the course?
Do you have a refund policy?
Is this course accredited?
TBR College mission statement
Our intention is to support the emotional and mental heath of parents by offering appropriate, perinatally focused, trauma informed training to the professionals supporting them.
Recently, because of the pandemic, parents have been unable to have the support of their partners at birth or when receiving bad news. Many new parents have felt isolated, alone and unable to cope without access to support. For some this has had a devastating impact on their mental health.
The work we do and the training we at TBR College offer is with the aim of making appropriate, specialised, safe and effective support accessible for all parents. We have all seen the transformative difference it can make to the 100s of parents that I have supported over the last 12 years and now I want you to experience this too.