Courses for Professionals
Our range of courses are suitable for HCPs, Birth Professionals and Pre & Postnatal specialists.
It's time to upskill!
And become part of the solution to the perinatal mental health problems experienced by so many parents
The path to parenthood is very often a rocky and challenging one. Difficult fertility journeys, recurrent miscarriage, loss, premature birth, birth trauma and injury, difficulty feeding and sleeping are some of the very common troubles that parents encounter along their way.
Sometimes there is little appreciation from the medical or maternity community of the devastating impact that these events can have on a person's mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
Between 10 and 30% of women experience postnatal depression in their first year, yet less than half seek support. Over half of this number are still experiencing depression after their postpartum year.*
A survey carried out by leading baby loss charity SANDS in 2019 found that 60% of bereaved parents felt they needed specialist support after their baby died, but were not able to access it on the NHS." **
For those parents who have experienced premature birth and NICU stays 16% experience PTSD symptoms afterwards according to a 2018 survey by the charity Bliss, yet 45% said they had no access to specialist support afterwards.***
Additionally many of these issues are taboo in modern western society which adds to peoples experience of isolation, shame and loss of hope.
For parents experiencing these issues there is very little specialist support available from professionals who understand the nuances and challenges that arise for perinatal mental and emotional health. Yet there is a huge desire and need from parents to be well at this time.
This is why TBR College of Perinatal Emotional Health is passionate about sharing knowledge, skills and therapeutic frameworks with birth professionals who are already perfectly placed to offer support to parents who are suffering.
** BLAW Out of Sight report https://babyloss-awareness.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BLAW-Out-of-Sight-Out-of-Mind-Report-2019.pdf
*** Bliss Charity research 2018 https://www.bliss.org.uk/news/bliss-releases-new-research-on-mental-health
I believe we are now entering a new age of understanding about our emotional health and wellbeing and that a new generation of parents are more articulate about their feelings than ever before.
Additionally medical communities are also beginning to appreciate the importance of the mind body connection. Western medicine is waking up to the fact that poor mental health long term does indeed have an impact on physical health and to separate the two when thinking about holistic health is a mistake.
The health of parents is vital if they are to be expected to nurture the next generation of society well. To overlook the importance of good, optimum health at this life stage is robbing the next generation of the opportunity to experience good health and wellbeing too.
All of our online courses are recognised and certified by the Ofqual regulated body AIM, include access to monthly small group supervision and membership to a closed community of professionals practicing with these skills, techniques and knowledge.
Proud training provider to:
Interested in training with TBR College?
Then watch this 2 minute video from Alex Heath .....
Choose a course that suits how you like to learn.....
Online, in person or over a long period, there is a course for you.
Live, in person training days only
- Our foundational listening course; Trauma Informed Listening for Perinatal Professionals is a great place to start.
- This 1 day training happens over Zoom and offers an opportunity to learn and practice with others in a small group.
- These days are very practical and include breakout sessions when students can practice the exercises in pairs.
- A pdf handout of the slides is included for all attendees.
- There are no assessments included.
- A certificate of attendance is available.
Online courses with in person training days included
- Our self study online courses now offer the opportunity to to attend live training days to practice the exercises, skills and techniques covered.
- Attendance to the live training is optional and not requisite but highly recommended for accountability and practice.
- All online courses include a mentored assessment process.
- Students who are successful in their assessments can certify as TBR Practitioners, gain listing on the directory and access supervision.
18 month long study for the TBR Certificate in Perinatal Emotional Health & Wellbeing
- This long course includes both online self study and attendance of in person training days too.
- Over 200 hours of study.
- 10 modules.
- 4 live study days.
- Access to all other live training days.
- Monthly tutorials.
- Mentored assessments.
- Ofqual regulated certification from AIM.
- Certification as a TBR Practitioner in Perinatal Emotional Health & Wellbeing.
* Online Courses *
TBR 3 Step Rewind online course
- Learn a framework for supporting recovery from trauma that is safe, gentle and effective.
- This brief intervention is popular with professionals and parents.
- Suitable for all perinatal trauma, not just birth.
- Not suitable for complex trauma or parents with pre existing mental health issues
- 2 day live training via Zoom is included and highly recommended
- Next available live training days over Zoom on 29th & 30th January 2024 9.30am - 4.30pm
Bring Relief With Your Debrief online course
- A foundational listening course that goes beyond active listening.
- Learn the value of setting expectation and agenda ahead of any listening session
- Learn how to re-focus attention away from the past and avoid re-traumatising parents.
- Learn how to manage empathy and engage compassion when listening to trauma.
- 1 day live training (Trauma Informed Listening for Birth Professionals) via Zoom is included and highly recommended
- Receive information on the live training day after booking the online course.
Practical Skills in Hypnosis, Mindfulness & Meditation for the Perinatal Stage
Understanding the neurobiology of hypnosis and meditation
Using imagery, metaphor & storytelling for rapid change
Use hypnosis to support common perinatal problems such as morning sickness, breastfeeding difficulties and behaviour change
Includes 6 different hypnosis exercises with scripts to use (including 'Fork in the Road', 'Inner Guide', Future Orientation with Embodiment', 'Swish', 'Control room of the mind', and 'Scaling exercise for pain management and morning sickness')
- 2 day live training via Zoom is included and highly recommended
- Live training day scheduled for 24th & 25th June 2024 9.30am - 4pm over Zoom
Supporting Baby Loss & Miscarriage online course
- Understand the differences and overlaps between trauma and grief
- Learn different ways of supporting grief.
- Learn when and how to support recovery from trauma.
- Learn and appreciate different types of support at different stages of the grief journey.
- 1 day live training via Zoom is included and highly recommended
- Live training day scheduled for Tuesday 5th November 2024 9.30am - 4pm over Zoom
* All online courses include *
- Lifetime access to the online course.
- All scripts, exercises and resources included.
- Includes the option to join 1 or 2 day live training for practice and accountability. Not everyone needs or wants this but its optional and highly recommended.
- Includes mentored assessment process.
- TBR 3 Step Rewind and TBR Certificate courses are Ofqual regulated body, AIM, who issue certification on passing assessments.
- Access to TBR College closed Facebook community.
- 5% discount off all other courses purchased.
- Access to monthly small group supervision online via Zoom.
- Opportunity to be listed on the Practitioner directory for parents on successful completion of assessments and supervision.
Live in person training calendar
- All live training happens over Zoom in small groups, using breakout rooms to practice core skills and exercises.
- To book a live training day please book either the corresponding online course first (you will then receive details on accessing the live training) or choose the in person only option below.
- Live training isn't requisite to any online course but it offers students the accountability sometimes needed to 'get the course done' and is also a fantastic opportunity to practice.
TBR 3 Step Rewind
2 days live over Zoom.
- 29th & 30th January 2024
- 17th & 18th April 2024
Supporting Baby Loss & Miscarriage
1 day live over Zoom.
- 5th November 2024
9.30am 4.30pm GMT
Trauma Informed Listening for Perinatal Professionals
1 day live over Zoom.
- 20th February 2024
- 21st April 2024
9.30am 4.30pm BST
* TBR Certificate in Perinatal Emotional Health & Wellbeing *Find out more here....
18 month long Practitioner course
Online and in person training
Monthly tutorials via Zoom
Accredited by Ofqual regulated body AIM
10 modules including:
- TBR 3 Step Rewind
- Bring Relief With Your Debrief
- Understanding & Supporting Perinatal Anxiety
- Understanding & Supporting Perinatal Depression
- Supporting Baby Loss & Miscarriage
- Supporting Recovery from Birth Injury
- Practical Skill in Hypnosis Meditation & Mindfulness for the Perinatal Period
- Understanding & Supporting Fertility & IVF Journeys
- Racism, Bias & Prejudice in the Birth World
- Supporting Survivors of CSA through the Perinatal Period
All of TBR college courses come with:
Save 5% on other TBR course bookings
Once you have purchased one course, you will automatically receive 5% off on all of TBR other courses.
Monthly small group supervision
Small group supervision is available for all students and practitioners with Traumatic Birth Recovery.
These online sessions are held once a month and aim to support reflective practice and continued learning and development. All sessions are a non refundable £10.
Access to our closed community
Our Facebook group is a safe supportive place to ask questions and share experiences with other students.