We know that left untreated trauma symptoms can manifest into more entrenched mental health problems.
We know that many parents who have had no prior history of mental health problems are often desperate for a brief intervention that can gently restore them to their prior health.
We know that whilst some parents require more in depth psychological support from therapeutic professionals, many parents simply want to feel better, quickly.
The truth is .....
- Many parents and professionals choose to use TBR 3 Step Rewind because it's safe, gentle and effective.
- Many parents prefer being supported by their trusted doula, antenatal teacher or midwife when it choosing TBR 3 Step Rewind to recover.
- This easy to learn process allows parents to go towards their own goals for recovery and then get on with their life.
- Sadly perinatal trauma is too common an incidence for there to not be more skilled professionals available for parents who need support.
Lisa, 39 weeks pregnant
'I am amazed that after all the many sessions of CBT and psychotherapy that this was so impactful. after just one 90 minutes session!'
Debbie (after one listening session at 38 weeks)
'So I just wanted to drop you an email to say thank you very much for the part you played in supporting me to achieve the peaceful, undisturbed birth that I was hoping for but didn't necessarily dare dream would be possible. Thank you!'
‘Thank you so so so much for teaching your amazing technique to other professionals. I can not tell you with words how our three sessions have changed my life! Xxx’
Have you ever......
felt frustrated that you are unable to provide appropriate support for parents reeling from the impact of a traumatic birth?
wished that there was more you could do to make a difference?
felt frustrated that the trauma symptoms they are experiencing are a barrier to the another service that you were seeking to deliver?
worried that the support you were offering could make things worse?
felt frustrated that there is no where to refer parents for appropriate trauma treatment?
✔️ being able to offer a safe, gentle and effective process to the traumatised parents that you already support.
✔️ being that professional who is able to support parents as they transform their emotional health and wellbeing from surviving to thriving.
✔️ feeling confident and supported as you learn and practice TBR 3 Step Rewind.
✔️ being part of an inspiring community of over 500 birth professionals and pre & post natal specialists all committed to making trauma support and treatment accessible.
Lifetime access to the online course PLUS free live training
The online course includes all resources to practice, video case studies, video demonstrations of each technique in practice, pre-recorded webinar content.
Lifetime access means that learning and development of skills is always available.
If you want to practice the the 3 steps with other students you can book on to one of our LIVE practice days that happen over Zoom. See the FAQ section for details of dates.
Free web directory listing
website is a resource for parents experiencing trauma and wanting to know more about the symptoms that they maybe experiencing.
The directory page offers parents the opportunity to search for a birth professional who offers TBR 3 Step Rewind.
Listing is currently free when students have successfully completed all of the required assessments.
Join the Traumatic Birth Recovery community
Join a supportive and inspiring community of over 500 birth professionals globally who have all learnt the skills and techniques that can support the transformation from surviving and thriving for traumatised parents.
This is a closed group offering a safe and contained space to ask questions, receive support and inspiration.
Benefit from monthly supervision for just £10 per session
Small group supervision is available for all students and practitioners with Traumatic Birth Recovery.
These online sessions are held twice a month with experienced supervisors and aim to support safe, reflective practice and continued learning and development.
Key benefits from this course
TBR 3 Step Rewind Practitioners
✔️ are providing accessible, safe and gentle therapeutic intervention to parents who need it most
✔️ are able to offer TBR 3 Step Rewind alongside their other practices
✔️ are able to witness the incredible transformation that is possible with TBR 3 Step Rewind
✔️ are providing a vital support service to their communities that can prevent more serious mental health problems occurring.
Vicki Barbour Andrews, The Birth Trauma Coach
Midwife, Rachel Beckingham Smith
- The size of the birth trauma problem
- The scope of perinatal trauma beyond birth and it's implications on emotional wellbeing
- What constitutes a traumatic perinatal event
- Understanding the difference between PTSD and birth trauma
- Understanding the neurobiology of birth trauma symptoms
- The day to day impact of living with trauma symptoms
- Understanding the threat to mental health that symptoms pose
- How to support parents directly after a traumatic event
- How to avoid re-traumatising, re-triggering and gaslighting parents
- Preparing to work with TBR 3 Step Rewind
- TBR 3 Step Rewind explained step by step
- Explaining the core skills and techniques needed
- Watching step 1 demonstrated - Kristen's story
- Understanding the power of using solution focused questions to bring about transformation
- Understanding the importance of rapport and relaxation
- How to to ensure working safely
- Understanding the autonomic nervous system and how to lead into the parasympathetic state
- Breathing & progressive muscle relaxation audio practice and scripts
- What is Rewind?
- How to use Rewind to break the neurological pathways that sustain trauma symptoms
- Using the script at each stage of the rewind process
- Watch the video case study demonstrations
- What happens at step 3
- Working safely
- Understanding what abreactions are and how to manage them
- How to using grounding technique
- Finding a case study and next steps for practice
- How to attract the right clients for TBR 3 Step Rewind
- The main barriers to working with more parents impacted by trauma
- Who is an ideal client
- And who isn't
- The rules of engagement
- Understanding the power and potential of your existing role and knowledge
3 Mentored Assessments
- To write an appeal for an appropriate case study to come forward
- To work with an appropriate case study using the 3 step process
- To create marketing material that clearly articulates the TBR 3 Step process, who it is suitable for (and who it isn't suitable for) and what the aims of the process are.
Now is the time to develop your skills and grow you business
What will I be able to do after taking this course?
How is this course delivered?
How long do I have to complete the course?
What is your refund policy?
Can I get insurance to practice?
Is the course accredited?
‘I am a Former Midwife and have had my own Birth Biz for 6 years, teaching
Hypnobirthing and working as a Doula.
Working on reducing the likelihood of birth trauma is something that I very much do in my Hypnobirthing and Doula roles but I needed something else, a technique, skill that could help me to assist those who sadly have already experienced trauma and are living with the effects every day!
Ideally I was hoping to do the face to face course but time and
circumstances wouldn't allow, so I chose to do the online course.
I have to admit I was a bit concerned that I would a bit or not feel as
connected to the support available. I was wrong! The online course was
fantastic, the videos Alex included and the written material were wonderful
and kept me engaged, I literally couldn't put it down!
So this is now another element to my Birth work, offering the amazing 3 Step Rewind Technique. I had
may first client earlier this month, I have to admit I felt pressured, this lovely lady was extremely traumatised, I couldn't get my head around how such a simple to do technique delivered in just two sessions could make such a huge difference. It literally was like waving a magic wand, the change in the lady was tangible!
Something lifted and released and it was beyond wonderful to be a part of. I have already received so much interest in the sessions and feel privileged to be able to offer this amazing technique. The support I have received from Alex herself and the online community has been wonderful, you feel very supported.
I really can't thanks Alex enough, this course and technique
are game changers for me, women, partners, babies and I am so pleased to be a part of it x’
Hypnobirthing Instructor, Midwife, Doula & Co Founder & Owner of The Little Birth Company
Is this online course for you?
Your questions answered:
Who is this course for: HCP, pre & postnatal specialists and birth professionals who support parents struggling with trauma symptoms.
Aims & Objectives: To learn a simple 3 step process that when practiced can lift trauma symptoms. To gain a thorough understanding of what trauma symptoms from a neurological and experiential perspective. To know how to work safely with traumatised parents.
How long is the online course? There are 12 hours of pre recorded content which is divided into 6 lessons. There is also some text, visual and audio content. In total it is estimated that this course would take between 12 and 16 hours to complete. It is strongly advised that this is chunked down into smaller learning units.
What about the live training days on Zoom? These are not requisite but highly recommended as they allow actual practice of the 3 steps, provide accountability for getting the course done and build confidence and proficiency in the process.
When are the live training dates on Zoom?
- 30th & 31st Jan 2023
- 24th & 25th Apr 2023
- 10th & 11th July 2023
- 13th & 14th Nov 2023
How do I book onto the live Zoom training? Details are provided on enrolment. It's very easy.
How long do I have to complete the course and assessments? Students have life time access to the content and materials but must complete their assessments within 6 months of enrolment to receive their AIM certificate.
This includes the online course, option for live training via Zoom, supported assessment process, closed community of students and practitioners. Payment plans available.